What we do
Our staff and volunteers are here for you, providing virtual and face to face support, there are lots of ways to get involved!
During the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, we moved our services so they could be accessed virtually over the internet or your phone.
Now that we are easing out of the pandemic, we have a mixture of virtual and face to face services available to suit your particular needs.
To join any of these services or to find out more, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
These groups are accessed using Zoom on your smartphone or laptop or your landline phone.
- Thursday: 11am Zoom Chat, 11am Group telephone Chat, 2pm Group Telephone Chat, 2.30pm Crochet Class via Zoom
- Friday: 11am Zoom Chat, 1pm Anything Apple Group (fortnightly), 3pm Anything Android (fortnightly)
- In addition, we have a monthly Quiz Night run via Zoom
Peer Support Groups
Our groups are a welcoming and friendly place to come to meet others with sight loss to have a chat and socialise. They are run by volunteers who have visual impairments themselves, who can help with anything from emotional support to practical tips to help you live independently. Our helpful sighted volunteers will make sure you have a cuppa and biscuit and have everything you need. We will provide additional activities at our group in Batley such as yoga, arts and crafts and games, but these are optional.
- Wednesday: Whitfield Centre, Batley, 10am-2.30pm
- Friday: Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield, 10.30am-12pm or 1-2.30pm
- Dewsbury group coming soon.
Face to face appointments
We are able to provide one off or regular tech support appointments to anyone who requests them. Perhaps you are struggling with your phone or tablet or would like to learn something new?
- Wednesdays: Whitfield Centre, Batley
- Thursdays: Our offices, Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield.
One to one support
We are able to provide one off or regular welfare calls and tech support calls to anyone who requests them. Perhaps you need a chat and some friendly advice from someone else with sight loss, or you are struggling with your phone or tablet or would like to learn something new?
One of our volunteers will gladly help you with any query.